This certificate prepares students for careers in multi media graphics and computer animation. This includes instruction in photo manipulation, web animation, motion graphics, compositing, basic modeling and3D animation using the latest equipment and software available.
It is projected to have 35 completers annually
The MotionGraphics and 3D Animation certificate, offered by the Applied Digital Media andPrinting provides, provides prospective learners from a diverse community with hands-on training in the fields of motion graphics and animation. Successful completion of this career-technical program will equip students with foundational skills and practical knowledge in sequential design and development, special effects, modeling, rigging, texturing, animation and rendering. Possible career outcomes for this program include: graphic designer ,motion graphics artist, 3D modeler, and animation production. Relevancy of this program is maintained via annual input from an advisory committee, employment data and industry feedback.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
· Compare and contrast legal, social and commercial policies regarding new media piracy
· Define intellectual property and describe the basic principles of copyright legalities
· Use Adobe Flash to create animated shorts for web/TV distribution
· Prepare images with correct resolution appropriate for video and animation using Adobe Photoshop
· Combine and edit 2D animated sequences, and create motion graphics in video and film using Adobe After Effects
· Create 3D models and environments using various techniques with Autodesk Maya
· Describe and demonstrate advanced 3D animation and key framing
ADM-2A Color Systems andFile Management 2 Semester 1
ADM-67 Multimedia Animation 3 Semester 1
ADM-68A 3D Animation with Maya I 3 . Semester 1
ADM-68B 3D Animation with Maya II 3 Semester 2
ADM-69 Motion Graphics and Special Effects with After Effects 3 Semester 2
ADM-71A Adobe Photoshop for Image Manipulation . 3 Semester 2
Diann Thursby · 09/24/19
Received regional recommendation at 9-23-19 IEDRC Deans Meeting.