Individuals tasked with developing a new CTE certificate or degree (program) for their college will need to secure regional consortium recommendation before submitting their program approval documents to the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office for formal approval (chaptering). The college CTE Dean and curriculum committee chair (or designee) are good sources of information about the regional recommendation process and about a college’s local curriculum approval process.
Before you get started, you must have your Labor Market Information. If you do not have your labor market information, please contact the Centers of Excellence to submit an LMI request.
Request Labor Market Information from the Centers of Excellence
Please note, the following regions require LMI data be produced by the Centers of Excellence: Central/Mother Lode Region, Inland Empire/Desert Region, North/Far North Region. Additional LMI data may also be submitted.
- Your CTE Dean's Name
- Your CTE Dean's Email
- Your Program's Name
- Type of Program (Certificate/Degree)
- Program Units
- For Certificates: Certificate Required Units
- For Degrees: Units for Major Degree and Total Units for Degree
- TOPs Code
- Projected Start Date
- Program Goals and Objectives
Program Goals and Objectives must address a valid transfer, occupational, basic skills, civic education, or lifelong learning purpose. Regional recommendation is only needed for programs with an occupational goal.
- Catalog Description
Catalog Description includes program requirements, prerequisite skills or enrollment limitations, student learning outcomes, and information relevant to program goal.
- Program Requirements
Program Requirements includes course requirements and sequencing that reflect program goals.
- Enrollment Completer Projections
Enrollment Completer Projections are projections of number of students to earn certificate annually.
- Labor Market Information (LMI)
Region Specific Questions and Required Documents
In addition to the information and documents listed above, your region may require additional information or documents.
Bay Area Region
- Goal of Program
CTE, CTE & Transfer
- Include any other information you would like to share
- Please list similar programs at other colleges in the service area which may be impacted, including the name of the college, the name of the program that may be impacted, the name of the person you contacted and the outcome of that contact.
Central/Mother Lode Region
Inland Empire/Desert Region
Los Angeles/Orange County Region
- CRLC Member
- Reason for approval request.
- New Program
- Substantial Change
- Locally Approved
- Place of program in college's curriculum/similar program.
- List similar programs at other colleges in the Los Angeles and Orange County Region.
- Annual Enrollment projects (non-duplicative)
- Advisory Minutes
North/Far North Region
North/Far North Region does not require additional information.
San Diego/Imperial Counties Region
San Diego/Imperial Region does not require additional information.
South Central Coast Region
- Upload any additional information/justifications for your program such as Advisory Committee Meeting Notes, Employer Surveys, Environmental Scans, etc.
View each Region's Program Recommendation Process and Contact Information