The IT Support Specialist certificate of achievement is based on the learning objectives from the CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) and CompTIA A+ certifications. Also, the certificate of achievement includes help desk "soft skills" such as effective communication, analytical and critical thinking, diplomacy, problem solving, leadership, team building, and listening skills. The IT Support Specialist certificate provides the required competencies to be employed in high demand, high wage jobs and careers in information technology.
Upon successful completion of the IT Support Specialist certificate, the graduate will be able to:
1. Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills that are required by employers to support IT support functions and operations.
2. Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to install, configure and troubleshoot end user computing
3. Demonstrate the knowledge of basic theory, techniques, terminology and applications used to
support a desktop computing environment.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of business concepts and human relationship skills necessary to support a
IT help desk operation and environment.
5. Communicate effectively and efficiently using both verbal and written communication tools.
Identify features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components and devices
Achieve hands-on experience installing and using help desk issue tracking software.
Know how to set up and install common peripheral devices to a laptop/PC or secure a basic wireless network
Install and configure laptops and other mobile devices
Comprehend notational systems, illustrate the basics of computing and explain the value of data and troubleshooting
Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support
(Y1 or S1)
|CMPR 100||The Computer and Society||3.0||S1|
|CMPR 104||Co-op Work Experience||1.0||S1|
|CMPR 125||Help Desk Fundamentals||3.0||S1|
|CMPR 134||Microsoft Windows Operating System||3.0||S1|
|CMPR 153||A+ Essentials Hardware||3.0||S1|
|CMPR 154||A+ Essentials Software||3.0||S1|