The Global Business Essentials Certificate provides students a foundation in the business and supply chain management aspects of working in small, medium, or large organizations that provide products and/or services locally or globally. Courses emphasize global business and management practices and the tools utilized in today’s global business environment. This certificate prepares students for careers in procurement, logistics, sales, production planning, and sourcing. Courses in this certificate can be applied to a Global Business Certificate of Achievement.
PSLO1: Develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrating awareness of ethical and social responsibilities in today’s multi cultural, team-oriented, rapidly changing global environment.
PSLO2: Analyze and recommend effective business decisions/solutions using a systematic, evaluative, and data-driven approach.
Program Objectives include:
1. Analyze challenges of international distribution.
2. Review sources of materials providing information relevant to international business.
3. Define the influence of customers, competitors, employees, and other stakeholders in an organization.
4. Articulate the objectives and elements of Supply Chain Management.
5. Summarize the strategic importance of logistics elements and explain how they affect supply chain management
This Global Business program prepares students to obtain entry-level positions in operations, manufacturing, logistics, transportation, and other departments at local and multi-national companies. Those already in the workforce may progress along their career path with this certification. The majority of the annual openings for occupations related to Global Business have entry-level wages above the living wage for one adult.
(Y1 or S1)
|BUS C118||Introduction to International Business||3.0.||Y1 (S)|
|MS C100||Principles of Management||3.0||Y1 (F/S)|
|MS C171 |
|Principles of Logistics/Supply Chain Management or|
Logistics/Supply Chain Operations