The Cloud Computing program develops skills for the occupations of cloud architect and cloud technician using Amazon WebServices (AWS), the leading cloud computing provider. The program bridges traditional on-premises data center skills of server installation, database management, and networking set-up and cabling into virtualization of these information and computing technologies over online services. Job preparation will include industry certifications of AWS Cloud Practitioner and AWS Solutions Architect Associate mapped to course work.
enrollment completions are at approximate 35-40 students annually with a annual 2-3% growth.
● Ability to design Infrastructure asa Service (IaaS) solutions by provisioning computing instances, establishing virtual private networks, managing databases and storage within a secure online environment.
● Ability to analyze performance metrics of a cloud architecture to respond dynamically to information and computing technology workloads and optimize service costs.
● Ability to collaborate in a team designing business solutions in an industry aligned project.
● Describe security best practices employed with AWS applications.
● Implement customer best practices security controls forInfrastructure Services, Container Services, and for Abstract Services of theShared Responsibility Model
● Access and navigate AWS Management Console. Access the SecurityServices Category and retrieve database credentials and API keys
● Create, manage, and deploy public and private Secure SocketsLayer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) certificates for use with AWS services and internal connected resources
● Use Event Log Analyzer to collect and analyze AWS EC2 Windows instance log in a centralized location.
● Understand the difference between AWS Regions, Availability Zones, and Edge Locations
| CIS-49A||AWS Academy Cloud Foundations||4|
|CIS-49B||AWS Academy Cloud Architecting||4|
|CIS-25||Information and Communication Technology Essentials||4|
|CIS-26A||Cisco Networking Academy 1D||4|
|CIS-26B||Cisco Networking Academy 1D||4|
|Linux Operating System Administration||3|
|CIS-12||PHP Dynamic Website Programming||3|
CIS 21A or CIS 12
Diann Thursby · 10/15/19
Received regional recommendation at 10-14-19 IEDRC Deans Meeting.