The IT Desktop and Server Operations certificate is designed to prepare students in the technical field of desktop and server management. Technical background in LAN infrastructure, networking, virtualization, operating systems, Microsoft and Linux server & client technologies, email platforms, mobile device management, cloud-based solutions, supporting technology solutions following industry best practices and all relevant standards and practices.
Upon successful completion of the IT Desktop and Server Operations certificate, the graduate will be able to:
1. Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills that are required by employers to support IT desktop and server operations in a networking environment.
2. Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to install, configure and troubleshoot desktop and server computing systems.
3. Demonstrate the knowledge of basic theory, techniques, terminology and applications used to support a client/server architecture in a networking environment.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of business concepts and human relationship skills necessary to support IT desktop and server operations.
5. Communicate effectively and efficiently using both verbal and written communication tools.
Design, implement, manage and administer a secured, local area network consisting of desktop clients and servers.
(Y1 or S1)
|CMPR134||Microsoft Windows Operating System||3.0||Y1|
|CMPR138||CompTIA Network+ Guide to Networks||3.0||Y1|
|CMPR153||A+ Essentials Hardware||3.0||Y1|
|CMPR247||Windows Server Operating System||3.0||Y1|