The use of drones is a rapidly growing industry set to revolutionize the business and industry world as well as governmental safety and social services. The certificate in Drone Applications in GIS provides students with access to exciting and rewarding “white collar” vocational career opportunities including the use of Drone Technology and Piloting in the Geospatial Information Science careers.
The certificate program include specialize drone courses as well as applicable GIS and Geography courses:
It is anticipated that 24 students will earn the certificate or degree annually.
This is a restructuring of the Geography certificate and degree at MSJC. A new GIS department was created to revitalize the courses, and provide a GIS certificate and degree in order to meet specific geospatial information technology workforce needs. fIn addition to the new certificate and degree programs it establishes student success GIS career exploration stations within the current MSJC Maker Space to introduce and engage students GIS careers and course work and provides for equipment and supplies to develop a new GIS laboratory classroom.
1. GIS 540 Digital Imaging with Drones (3 units)
2. GIS 541 Digital Imaging with Drones II (3 units)
3. GIS 542 Introduction to Remote Sensing and Drone Data Processing (3 units)
4. GIS 544 UAS Procedures and Regulations (Part 107 License Exam Prep) course (1 unit)
5. ENVS 101 Introduction to Environmental (Science 3 units)
6. GIS 115 Introduction to Geographic Information Science (3 units)
7. GIS 120/520 Intermediate Geographic Information Systems. (3units)
(Y1 or S1)
|GIS 115||Introduction to Geographic Information Science||3||2021/Fall|
|GIS 120/520|| Intermediate Geographic Information Systems||3||2021/Fall|
|GIS 540||Digital Imaging with Drones||3||2022/Spring|
|GIS 541||Digital Imaging with Drones II||3||2022/Spring|
|GIS 542 ||Introduction to Remote Sensing and Drone Data Processing||3||2022/Fall|
Diann Thursby · 05/10/21
Received regional recommendation at 5-10-2021 IEDRC Deans Meeting.