This certificate provides the educational coursework that meets Title 22 teacher qualifications for the early childhood education field and allows students to begin working in a private early care and education program.
*Students seeking work with infants and toddlers and meet Title 22 licensing requirements should select ECE 20 for their elective course.
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Integrate understanding of the needs, the characteristics, and multiple influences on development of all children birth to age eight as related to high quality care and education of young children.
2. Analyze, demonstrate, and evaluate effective practice in working with young children.
3. Design, implement, and evaluate environments and activities that support positive developmental play and learning outcomes for all young children.
4. Apply effective guidance and interaction strategies that support all children’s social learning, identity, and self-confidence.
5. Apply ethical standards and professional behaviors that demonstrate understanding and knowledge, deepening the commitment to Early Care and Education profession.
Currently, the child development program has a success rate of 83% and a retention rate of 96%. This particular certificate is designed for students seeking entry-level employment, not pursuing a degree.
This certificate provides the required educational coursework for employment and allows the student to begin working in a private early care and education program.
Please see table below.
(Y1 or S1)
|Required Core Courses (9 units):|
|ECE-1||Principles and Practices of Teaching Young Children||3.00||Y1|
|ECE-2||Child Growth and Development||3.00||Y1|
|ECE-4||Child, Family, and Community||3.00||Y1|
|Elective Course Options (3 units):|
|ECE-3||Introduction to Curriculum||3.00||Y1|
|ECE-6||Health, Safety, and Nutrition in Early Childhood Education||3.00||Y1|
|ECE-7||Diversity and Culture in Early Care Education Programs||3.00||Y1|
|ECE-20||Infant and Toddler Practicum||3.00||Y1|
No comments to display
No files to display
Votes were certified on 06/18/21
Jonna Schengel · 06/02/21
Jessica Grimes · 06/02/21
Joseph Cascio · 06/02/21
Anthony Cordova · 06/02/21
Nicole Griffin · 06/02/21
Kris Costa · 06/02/21
Steve Amador · 06/06/21
Becky Barabe · 06/07/21
Salvador Vargas · 06/14/21
Bryan Tassey · 06/15/21