This course is offered to students that meet the State Fire Training (SFT) requirements to test for Firefighter I (FFI) including capstone knowledge and skills required to pass the FFI. Upon successful completion, the student will receive a pass letter from SFT and FFI pass certificate from Yuba College.
Admission to the Firefighter I Certification Testing is based upon the following perquisite skills:
1. Completion of FIRTC 64 (Firefighter I Academy)
2. Or a signed statement by the agencies Fire Chief or designee stating the sponsored student has completed all SFT training requirements and skills sheets for FFI.
Additionally, the Department recommendation (s) are as follows:
1. Eligibility for ENGL 1A.
2. Eligibility for MATH52.
3. Basic computer skills.
Student Learning Objectives:
1. Identify the CA State Fire Training Firefighter I certification track, test, evaluation methods, participation and capstone task book requirements.
2. Describe the use of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) rules and regulations used by fire departments.
3. Demonstrate the ability to don, use and doff Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) in a simulated emergency situation.
4. Demonstrate the ability to load, deploy and advance attack and supply hose.
Sectionals Annually Annual Enrollment
The goal of this course is to have Firefighter I Academy students take and pass the State of California Firefighter I Certification Testing.
During this course, students will be required to pass physical and written exams based upon the following topics:
1. Orientation and Administration.
2. Firefighter I Certification Test Process.
3. Capstone Task Book Process.
4. Firefighter Skills Practice and Testing.
(Y1 or S1)
|FIRTC 65||Firefighter I Certification Testing||1.0||One Course Offering Every Spring Semester|