This certificate prepares students for careers in electronic publishing and web design. This includes instruction in basic web design, page layout, vector graphics, photo manipulation, file preparation, epublishing and interactive design, using the latest equipment and software available.
Completer projections is 24 students annually.
The ElectronicPublishing and Design certificate, offered by the Applied Digital Media andPrinting program, provides prospective learners from a diverse community with hands-on training in the fields of web design and electronic publishing.Successful completion of this career-technical program will equip students with foundational skills and practical knowledge of interactive design, responsive design, user experience (UX) and graphic optimization. Possible career outcomes for this program include: graphic designer, multimedia designer, web designer and content development editor. Relevancy of this program is maintained via annual input from an advisory committee, employment data and industry feedback.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
· Compare and contrast legal, social and commercial policies regarding new media piracy
· Define intellectual property and describe the basic principles of copyright legalities
· Create and export multimedia and interactive documents using Adobe InDesign
· Prepare, design and publish documents for specific digital devices using Adobe InDesign
· Design and utilize proper vector graphics using Adobe Illustrator
· Prepare images with correct resolution appropriate for video and animation using AdobePhotoshop
· Design and create functional web pages and websites with a professional appearance usingAdobe Dreamweaver
| ADM 2A |
| Color Systems and File Management |
Design for Print Publication
| 2 |
|ADM 71A |
|Adobe Photoshop for Image Manipulation |
Design for Electronic Publication
Adobe Illustrator for Graphic Art
| 3 |
Diann Thursby · 09/24/19
Received regional recommendation at 9-23-19 IEDRC Deans Meeting.