The Digital Marketing Certificate of Achievement prepares students with the knowledge, skills, and attributes necessary for obtaining work in the fields of marketing that is applicable to the public, private, and nonprofit sector. This certificate program will enable students to integrate foundational marketing concepts with practical technical skills, which ensures they gain real-world applied knowledge to be truly job-ready. It aims to develop the student’s understanding of marketing and provide a framework for students to think about concepts such as segmentation, targeting, value propositions, and metrics. Students will be assessed throughout the course through exercises on the topics. This program can be completed within one year, culminating in a Certificate of Achievement in addition to a co-branded Facebook certification.
The Program Student Learning Outcomes are:
1. Demonstrate job readiness by creating a comprehensive digital marketing plan using core frameworks, analyzing A/B test results and Google Analytics report data, executing an original ad for Facebook and Google Search and Display, and developing an email marketing campaign using Mailchimp.
2. Demonstrate job readiness by using industry standard marketing tools such as: Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and Mailchimp.
Enrollment data for one course required in the curriculum (the only course currently offered)
|CB02: Course Title||YEAR 1 Annual # Sections||YEAR 1 Annual Enrollment Total||YEAR 2 Annual # Sections||YEAR 2 Annual Enrollment Total|
|BUS 74||Introduction to Advertising||1||40||2||50|
The Digital Marketing Certificate of Achievement program is a Career Education program. Its goal is to provide quality instruction within a comprehensive curriculum that provides the student enhanced employment opportunities and/or upward career mobility in the areas of business, technology, marketing, and communications.
The objectives of the program are:
1. To provide effective instruction and student learning that result in the successful attainment of educational goals through the completion of a certificate of achievement.
2. To offer a valuable and relevant curriculum that imparts to the student the knowledge, skills, and attributes required for successful entry-level employment as a Digital Marketing professional.
3. To maintain a process of assessment and improvement in order to enhance the teaching/learning process and increase opportunities for student success.
The main competencies that students will acquire after completion of the program are:
● An understanding of the role, function, and scope of practice of Digital Marketing.
● An understanding and the ability to employ core concepts including brand positioning, targeting and segmentation, and tracking key metrics to develop a marketing strategy for a business.
● The ability to create, post, and analyze performance of a Facebook ad and feed content.
● The ability to analyze data, create data visualizations and pivot tables, and calculate key. metrics that measure the results of marketing efforts.
● The understanding of consumer psychology and buying motivations and the ability to create content that helps guide consumers through the buyers journey
● The capacity to conduct marketing consulting services such as developing a marketing plan and executing an ad campaign for a real business.
● The capacity to conduct a presentation that outlines the campaign strategy for search and display advertising.
● An understanding of key optimization metrics associated with running campaigns and an ability to optimize campaigns to increase future effectiveness
● The ability to develop and launch an automated email campaign
The Digital Marketing Certificate of Achievement is a 16-unit certificate.
(Y1 or S1)
|BUS 83||Introduction to Digital Marketing||3||Y1, Fall|
|BUS 90||Content Marketing and Branding||3||Y1, Fall|
|BUS 74||Introduction to Advertising||3||Y1, Spring|
|BUS 96||Marketing Analytics and Performance Optimization||4||Y1, Spring|
|BUS 92 |
|Digital Advertising: Search and Display|