Students will develop a basic understanding of Industrial safety and regulatory as well as developing an understanding of the career options available in the applied sciences and workplace culture and standards
· Students will be able to identify and describe industrial hazards, including hazards in the chemical, biomanufacturing and process industries
· Students will be able to ID and describe GLP and cGMP regulations
· Students will be able to identify the main areas affected by the validation process in the biomanufacturing industry and validation regulations that will require internal and external auditing.
· Students will be able to demonstrate mastery of appropriate industrial protocols and documentation
· Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the purpose, fundamentals and regulations of biomanufacturing
· Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the science underlying biomanufacturing
· Students will be able to apply techniques and procedures applicable to biomanufacturing.
The goal of this program is to create a stackable certificate consisting of 3 CTE courses core to all Applied Science CTE Certificates. Students completing this certificate would have a basic understanding of Industrial Safety and Regulatory concerns, as well as knowledge of the career paths available in the Applied Sciences and Manufacturing. Building upon this certificate, students have the option of continuing their coursework to complete a certificate or Associates Degree in Chemical Technology, Process Technology or Biotechnology.
The required courses for this certificate include Biotech 10: Introduction to Biomanufacturing, Process Technology 104: Introduction to Applied Sciences, and Process Tech 214: Industry Trends - Employment and Regulations
(Y1 or S1)
|BIotech 10||Introduction to Biomanufacturing||4||Y1|
|PRPLTEK 104||Introduction to Applied Sciences||3||Y1|
|PRPLTEK 214||Industry Trends - Employment and Regulations||3||Y1|