The IT Network and Security Operations certificate is an mid-level certification for network technicians and information security analysts. This certification is designed to test the competency of a mid-level network technician in supporting and configuring TCP/IP clients in terms of network design, cabling, hardware setup, configuration, installation, support, and troubleshooting and best practices in network defense, vulnerability risk assessment, and cybersecurity.
Upon successful completion of the IT Network and Security Operations certificate, the graduate will be able to:
1. Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills that are required by employers to manage network and security operations.
2. Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to install, configure and troubleshoot network and security operations.
3. Demonstrate the knowledge of theory, techniques, terminology and applications used to manage a network and security operations.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of business concepts and human relationship skills necessary to manage network and security operations.
5. Communicate effectively and efficiently using both verbal and written communication tools.
Describe ethical, professional, and legal challenges that confront an IT professional in network security.
Design, implement, manage and administer a secured network environment.
Evaluate best practices in networking, information technology management and security to enhance business processes.
Develop written documentation and presentations, individually and in collaborative environments, that provide solutions networking and security management challenges.
(Y1 or S1)
|CMPR153||A+ Essentials Hardware||3.0||Y1|
|CMPR154||A+ Essentials Software||3.0||Y1|
|CMPR247||Windows Server Operating System||3.0||Y1|