This certificate is where students can lay the foundation for a career in Cyber Security starting with the core competencies inComputer Information Systems and Cyber Security. Coursework includes networking, systems administration, and core CyberSecurity topics. In addition to gaining a Chaffey Certificate, earning credits towards an accredited certificate and AS degree willprepare students to take five industry recognized certification exams: Network+, Network Pro, Client Pro, Server+ and Security+.
|Cyber Security Analyst|
|CB01: COURSE DEPARTMENT NUMBER||2015/2016 Sections||2015/2016 Successful Completers||2016/2017 Sections||2016/2017 Successful Completers||2017/2018 Sections||2017/2018 Successful Completers|
Upon the successful completion of the Cyber Security Analyst Certificate of Achievement, students shall be able perform tasks such as the following:
• Demonstrate working knowledge of computer information systems
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of computer networks
• Demonstrate a basic working knowledge of Internetworking
• Demonstrate an basic working knowledge of Microsoft Network Server
• Demonstrate an entry level knowledge of network security administration
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows
Students will develop a base knowledge in the following areas:
• Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of cyber security concepts, circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, risk management, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Requirements for the Cyber Security Analyst Certificate Units
CIS1 Introduction to Computer Information Systems 3
CIS50 Introduction to Computer Networks 3
CISCO1 Cisco Internetworking I 4
CISNTWK11 Microsoft Network Server 3
CISNTWK12 Introduction to Network Security Administration 3
CIS4 Fundamentals of Microsoft Windows 1.5
Total Units 13.5 - 14.5
(Y1 or S1)
|Cyber Security Analyst Certificate of Achievement|
|CIS 1||Introduction to Computer Information Systems||3||Fall 2019- 16 sections Spring 2020 - 15 sections|
|CIS 50||Introduction to Computer Networks||3||Fall 2019 - 4 sections Spring 2020 - 4 sections|
|CISCO 1||Cisco Internetworking I||4||Fall 2019 - 4 sections Spring 2020 - 0 sections|
|CISNTWK 11||Microsoft Network Server||3||Fall 2019 - 1 sections Spring 2020 - 2 sections|
|CISNTWK 12||Introduction to Network Security Administration||3||Fall 2019- 1 sections Spring 2020 - 0 sections|
|CIS 4||Fundamentals of Microsoft Windows||1.5||Fall 2019- 2 sections Spring 2020 - 2 sections|
|Semester 1 : 6-7.5 UNITS|
|Semester 2: 6-7.5 UNITS|
Diann Thursby · 03/11/19
Received regional recommendation at 3-11-2019 IEDRC Deans Meeting.